Time for another installment of bits and pieces.
- We traveled to Houston (third time in six weeks) over labor day weekend to see Levi baptized and have some more OMA/OPA time. He had gained a few pounds since our last visit and definitely was starting to focus on objects, including my camera.
- This past weekend we went to a beautiful wedding for a family friend. At our tables were the most adorable favors, pretzels rods dipped in chocolate and decorated like a wedding gown and tux. They were so, so cute and I found out that the mother of the bride and a friend made everyone of them!
- It was SO much fun to be a Chiefs fan again this weekend! The Chiefs looked amazing in their first game of the season. Our new quarterback looked great but the day was really all about the defense. I really hope the Chiefs are for real…..and not just because the Jaguars were so bad.
- I found a new recipe I want to try for Pesto. My basil, although plentiful, is looking a little sad. I was thinking I would like to make some pesto and freeze it so I found this recipe on skinnytaste.com. Pesto is usually high in fat content with all the pine nuts and olive oil, but this version has been lightened up and made weight watchers friendly. Can’t wait to try it!
Skinny Basil Pesto
- 1 cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 T olive oil
In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing. Store in a sealed container and refrigerate until ready to use or you can freeze this in ziplocks bags to use at a later date.
Makes 5 tablespoons. 1 Serving=1 tablespoon=2 weight watchers points
- I am looking forward to fall, especially the cooler temperatures. How about you?