I was talking with someone the other day about all the different blogs I read and decided I would share my top five with you. Each new blog I find is usually linked to many additional blogs and I am often overwhelmed by the amount of information that is available. Since I am employed for 9-10 hours each day my blog cruising time is limited so although I occasionally look at new blogs I really only read a handful on a regular basis. Over the course of the two years I have been reading blogs, the top five tend to change as my interests change. For now, here is my list, not in any particular order.
- Pioneer Woman – thepioneerwoman.com – this is the first blog I started reading back in 2009 when I read an article about Ree Drummond in Good Housekeeping magazine. Once I tasted her Chicken Spaghetti recipe I was hooked. Besides the recipes, I like her posts on photography. She also has great giveaways which I always enter but never win, probably because thousands of others are also entering. I recently saw where she has 2,000,000 views on her blog each month!!!
- Kevin and Amanda – kevinandamand.com – this blog was a link from Pioneer Woman’s site and is an eclectic mix of recipes, photography, scrapbooking and fonts. I read this blog for Amanda’s photography information. She takes great pictures and shares her knowledge. I have also downloaded many of the fun fonts that she provides for free.
- Everyday Occasions – Jennysteffens.blogspot.com – I ran across Jenny Steffens Hobick a year or so ago when I was looking at the website of a small culinary store in downtown Lee’s Summit. One of the classes they were offering was being taught by Jenny. After I read her bio I immediately went to her blog because of a few things that interested me, first of all she is an MU Journalism school graduate like my daughter and she is from Lexington, Missouri where my parents grew up. In Kansas City she was a caterer/event planner but has since moved back east. I just found out that she is also a regular contributor to the Williams-Sonoma blog. She has great ideas!
- Centsational Girl – centsationalgirl.com – I think I was first introduced to this blog from the Kevin and Amanda site. Kate is a very creative and talented woman who loves spray paint. She is not afraid of tackling any house project and the results are often stunning. I wish I had just half the motivation she has!
- Everywhereonce –everywhereonce.com – I just started reading this blog and guess where I found it……the author read and liked my post on Napa Valley! In 2010 the author and his wife resigned from their corporate jobs, sold all their possessions and started traveling the country in an RV. Really, how many of us have not thought about doing just that? I know I sure have. Given my new found love of traveling (because I have less achy joints than before)I am enjoying their adventures and have already marked a few of their destinations as places I need to go.
Let me know if you have other blogs that you really enjoy…..I am always looking for something new.