At our Valentine’s dinner party last week we started our evening with these light puff pastry appetizers. A palmier is a french pastry that is typically served as a sweet cookie but when I came across this savory version at Pie O My that included pesto and parmesan I knew I had to try it. It worked perfectly for serving at the party since I was able to assemble it ahead then pop it in the oven right before the guest arrived.
Overall they were fairly simple to make and only required three ingredients…..the results were SO good. I will be making these over and over again in the future.
Basil Pesto and Parmesan Palmiers
1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/3 cup of basil pesto
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle on a lightly floured board until about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Spread the pesto over the pastry.
4. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the entire rectangle.
5. Roll up one of the long sides to the center of the rectangle. Repeat on the other side.
6. Slice the roll into approximately 16 pieces, each about 1/3 inches wide. Place on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 12-15 minutes until the palmiers start to brown.
These taste great either warm or at room temperature. Bet you can’t eat just one!
One thought on “Basil Pesto and Parmesan Palmiers”
Yum! I love pesto!